Our latest newsletter is now available for download.
This issue contains details of:
- Anti-Bullying Week Theme for 2017!
- New Anti-Bullying Alliance website
- New member of the Anti-Bullying Works team
- New training for 2017-18
- New app and online tool from Childline
- Free resources.
Anti-Bullying Week is an annual national event co-ordinated by the Anti-Bullying Alliance which this year takes place from the 13th to 17th November.
The theme for Anti-Bullying Week has been announced and will promote difference and equality in schools with the tag-line ‘All Different, All Equal’ with the following key aims:
- To empower children and young people to celebrate what makes them, and others, unique.
- To help children and young people understand how important it is that every child feels valued and included in school, able to be themselves, without fear of bullying.
- To encourage parents and carers to work with their school and talk to their children about bullying, difference and equality.
- To enable teachers, school support staff and youth workers to celebrate what makes us ‘all different, all equal’ – by celebrating difference and equality and taking individual and collective action to prevent bullying, creating safe environments where children can be themselves.
A campaign pack, lesson plans, assemblies and official merchandise will be made available later, but there are already ways to get involved. These include the following:
- Children can nominate their teacher/member of school staff for a Power for Good Award
- Schools can take part in the official Anti-Bullying Week film competition
- Anti-Bullying Week logos can be downloaded and shared on your websites and newsletters.
Full details of all of the above and more can be found on the Anti-Bullying website at:
Our Spring 2017 Newsletter is now available to download!
Includes details of FREE RESOURCES.