Anti-Bullying Week 2016 – Duck Duck Goose
Our resources for Anti-Bullying Week 2016 were produced to accompany performances of ‘Duck Duck Goose’ – a verbatim* theatre piece on bullying developed in partnership with Chichester Festival Theatre – which toured schools in West Sussex from 14th – 25th November 2016. It is intended that they can also used by schools and youth organisations who have not seen the play by showing the video/audio clips below alongside use of the resources.
(*Verbatim theatre is a form of documentary theatre in which plays are constructed from the precise words spoken by people interviewed about a particular event or topic. A verbatim script has been generated from anonymous interviews conducted with children, young people, parents/carers, teachers, youth workers and community leaders about their experiences of bullying.)
These resources include 4 PowerPoint presentations that address key themes that appear in the play.
A copy of the script is also included, as well as an information sheet detailing further resources.
We have also made video/audio clips of most of the scenes from the play – these can be accessed on our YouTube channel.
Just click on links below to download each a copy of each resource
- Duck Duck Goose – Resource Pack – Introduction
- Duck Duck Goose – Resource Pack 1 – Difference
- Duck Duck Goose – Resource Pack 2 – Responding to Bullying
- Duck Duck Goose – Resource Pack 3 – Conflict in Friendships
- Duck Duck Goose – Script
- Duck Duck Goose – Further Reading & Resources
We would be pleased to receive any feedback on your use of the resources and video/audio clips. Please contact us.
* * * * *
Anti-Bullying Week 2015
John Khan, Lead Facilitator at Anti-Bullying Works has written a range of ‘bite size’ lesson plans for Anti-Bullying Week 2015.
Just click on the links below to download each presentation.
- What is bullying behaviour?
- Speaking out about bullying
- Indirect Bullyling & Empathy
- Banter vs Bullying
Please download both Part 1 and Part 2 below for ‘Bystander Behaviour’
Please download the 4 files below for ‘Celebrating your school core values’
- Celebrating Our Core Values Lesson Plan – PDF
- Celebrating Our Core Values Lesson Plan – Presentation
- Resource One Core Values Examples
- Resource Two Core Values Graffiti Examples
More Anti-Bullying Week Resources
- The Anti-Bullying Alliance, who co-ordinate Anti-Bullying Week every year in England, have a wealth of resources on their site:
- Our colleagues at Bullying Intervention Group have also produced a Resource pack which can be downloaded HERE.